1 King Bed
Popular vacation rental. Private/central location seconds to beach/bay/boardwalk. Complete w/everything for your perfect vacation. Grill/dine on the patio, relax on the roof deck, sip drinks on the balcony, soak up the sun. Enjoy ultimate fun for all
Located just steps away from the Pacific Ocean, this stunning five-star rated vacation rental offers a perfect retreat for families or groups of up to 10 people. This lovingly maintained family home is six blocks north of Belmont Park on one of the most beautiful and well-kept courts in all of Mission Beach.
In a nutshell:
- 3- story home with large, private (not shared) outdoor areas with ocean and bay views.
- Sleeps maximum of 10, not including children under age 2.
- On Pacific Ocean side of Mission Beach; walk to the sand in 30 seconds….or less!
- 3 bedrooms, including TWO primary bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms.
- Additional large sleeping loft overlooks the main living area with ocean and bay views to ocean.
- Three full bathrooms
- Lots of open living area, a dining room that seats 10, a well-stocked kitchen.
- 2 parking spots
- Well-maintained, beautifully updated and decorated.
- Child friendly
- Twenty years of reviews! 99% five star
- Perfect for bringing everyone together! Open floor plan creates a seamless flow between living, dining, and kitchen.
- Living area has soaring vaulted ceilings and tall windows for ocean views and breezes and the sound of the waves.
- Dining area with farmhouse table that fits your entire group for a family meal or game night.
- Kitchen is truly well equipped by owners who love to cook. Gas range with double ovens, quartz counters and subway tile, and huge farm sink.
- There’s also the “coffee porch” off the main living area.
- Primary bedroom #1 has king bed and en-suite bathroom and access to front patio.
- Primary bedroom #2 has cal king bed and en-suite bathroom and access to front patio.
- Third bedroom has a cozy queen bed, located on main living floor.
- Large loft area with two twins and a queen mattress. Versatile and fun space for larger groups.
- We have portable cribs available.
- There are three full bathrooms.
- An addition to the two ensuite bathrooms attached to primary bedrooms, there is a third hall bath on the main living floor.
- You’ll never run out of hot water with our on-demand water system.
- One of the highlights of this property is the expansive and private (not shared) outdoor areas, where you can soak up the California sunshine and feel the ocean breezes.
- First, the fully enclosed front patio features gorgeous ocean views, comfortable seating, a barbecue grill for cookouts, and a dining area where you can savor meals al fresco.
- Keep the kids contained while you grill.
- Second, on the second floor off the main living area, the “coffee porch” is a favorite spot for our guests to gather.
- Third, for stunning views, head up to the roof deck on the third floor for panoramic views of both the beach and bay, as well as views of the Big Dipper rollercoaster and the fireworks at Sea World.
- Unit comes with two designated spots. One spot is in the garage and fits SUV size vehicle. The second spot is a large and easily accessible spot on the Strandway that fits the largest vehicle.
Heating & Cooling:
- Please be aware there is NO Air conditioning in the home.
- There are ceiling fans and standing fans but there is no a/c.
- There is central heat in the unit during cooler months
What we provide:
- High speed internet access. Smart TV in the living room.
- A FREE Speed Queen washer and dryer is located in the garage for your exclusive use.
- All beach and bath towels are provided.
- Beach chairs, beach toys, umbrellas, and boogie boards, also provided, so pack light!
- All paper products (paper towels, toilet paper, napkins) as well as hand soap, shampoo, dish detergent, laundry soap, trash bags, cleaning products and more.
- For our younger guests, we have two portable cribs and high chairs available.
- In addition there are built-in baby gates at the top of the interior stairs.
- You’ll find plenty of board games and puzzles for quality family time and the occasional rainy day.
- Thank you for supervising your children at all times.
- San Diego offers an abundance of activities and attractions, and this beach house puts you right in the heart of it all.
- Explore the nearby beaches, perfect for swimming, surfing, or simply enjoying long walks along the shore.
- Take a short drive to popular destinations like the historic Gaslamp Quarter, Balboa Park, Sea World, Legoland, or the world-famous
San Diego Zoo.
- With numerous restaurants, shops, and entertainment options nearby, you'll have no shortage of things to do and explore.
- Our attentive local property management team is always just a phone call away to assist you with any needs or provide local recommendations.
- Don't miss out on the opportunity to experience San Diego's coastal charm from the comfort of our beach house.
- Book your stay today and create memories that will last a lifetime!
Need more room? If your group is larger than 10, inquire about the availability of “The Dollhouse,” the two bedroom guest
apartment above the garage. This charming space, originally built in the 1930’s can sleep an additional 4-5 guests.
A Message from the Owner:
We are thankful to be able to provide this lovely Mission Beach home where families from all over the world have stayed, made memories, and filled our guest books with love. Twenty years ago we bought this beach house that our family had rented for many summer vacations starting when our children were babies. We love this house and always called it our beach house; even before we bought it. One summer we arrived to find our beach house was For Sale! It is a dream come true to own this house and we are very thankful for all the fun times it has provided with our friends and family. We look forward to spending many happy years with our children and someday, hopefully, their children in this special place. When we're not at the beach, we live in Scottsdale, Arizona. We have been married for 40 years and have three now grown sons. We love all that San Diego has to offer and never get tired of acting like tourists.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK:
* Please read our cancellation policy and house rules before booking. *
MMB Rentals Cancellation Policy
- Please Note: Our Cancellation Policy is strictly enforced without exceptions.
- If Guest’s cancellation request is received 60 days or more prior to check-in date, Guest will receive a full refund, minus a $100 cancellation fee.
- If Guest’s cancellation request is received 30 days to 59 days prior to check-in date, Guest is not entitled to refund of rental/booking. Guest will however, be refunded for cleaning fees, tax, or damage coverage paid as of cancellation date.
- If Guest’s cancellation request is received less than 30 days prior to check-in date, Guest is not entitled to refund of rental/booking. Guest will however, be refunded for cleaning fees, tax, or damage coverage paid as of cancellation date.
- Guest must submit a cancellation request to MMB Rentals by e-mail.
- Please consider purchasing Travel Insurance if you're concerned about cancelling your reservation.
Due to new regulations governing vacation rentals in San Diego, it is more important than ever that we are good neighbors. Please
be aware of the following restrictions:
- This home is a private residence for use by registered guests.
- You are welcome to have a small number of visitors on the property for short visits only.
- No additional overnight guests.
- No parties. No loud music or any noise that might bothers those around you at ANY time of day.
- No Bachelor or Bachelorette parties.
- There is no smoking anywhere on the property, inside or out.
- We have plenty of fans but we do not have air conditioning.
- No pets. Service animals only (please give advance notice to property manager.) No emotional support animals.
- Check-out time is 10 a.m. and check-in is 4 pm.
- Please read cancellation policy carefully before you book.
- We do not rent to vacationing students or singles under age 30.
- Our property is overseen by a local property manager and house rules are strictly enforced.
- Guests who are inconsiderate of our neighbors and other vacationers around us jeopardize our ability to continue vacation renting. Such behavior cannot be allowed. Thank you for understanding.
1 King Bed
1 King Bed
1 Queen Bed
717 Kennenbeck Ct.
San Diego, California
Guest(s) who cancel at least 60 days prior check-in date will get back 100% of the amount they've paid minus $100 processing fee.
If cancelled between 31 and 60 days prior to check-in date, guests get back a 50% of the total nightly rate, cleaning, tax and damage deposit.
If cancelled less than 30 days prior to check-in date, guest(s) are not entitled to any refund of rental amount paid. Transient Occupancy Tax, Cleaning Fee and Refundable Damage Deposit will be refunded if guests have already paid.
GOOD NEIGHBOR/NO PARTY/OCCUPANCY LIMIT POLICIES: Magical Mission Beach has a NO TOLERANCE policy regarding parties, excessive noise and/or disturbing the neighbors. Bachelor/Bachelorette parties are not allowed under any circumstances. Parties that disturb the neighbors are prohibited and can lead to immediate eviction and a $250 Party Penalty! All of our vacation homes are enforced with strict City of San Diego noise ordinances.
Refundable Damage Deposit is fully refundable provided there is no damage to the property and check-out instructions are followed.
Rate varies due to seasonality and holidays.
Please select your dates on our online booking calendar for an exact quote.
Our Home Away from Home - what a magical week we spent at Mission Beach! Our family of nine spent a fabulous week riding bikes, boogie boarding, sharing meals, laughing and loving life. All made possible by our hosts at Kennebeck and Magical Mission Beach. They are the best hosts! We are looking forward to many more happy adventures at Kennebeck, our home away from home!
Highly recommend! Everything you need to have a wonderful family beach vacation. Fantastic location with lots to do in the area. The house was perfect, very clean and comfortable for our family of nine. Lots of special touches to make you feel welcomed and at home. Look forward to staying here again.
An absolutely wonderful week for our family! Thanks to the Whalen family for letting us stay.
The place was excellent!
It was nicely kept up, stocked, and close to everything. We had a great time!
The house was fabulous! Very convenient location & we loved the roof-top deck!
Me and my family loved this house you literally need nothing but food and your clothes. Kimberly the property mgr is outstanding and checked how everything was. Nancy. I would like to know where did ypu buy the sweater like blankets. We loved them. They were so warm. We especially liked all the decks. The one outside the living room is great to just sit and have coffee. The main deck was great just to watch the sunset. I definitely would stay here again. Outstanding 5 stars for everything Thank you for sharing your home with us. And thank you Kimberly for everything
The home fit all our needs and wants, with plenty of room for 6 adults and 3 kids. We never felt like we were on top of each other with the three levels and multable decks and patios. It's in a beautiful locations just steps from the beach and board walk, yet quiet even during Spring break! The home is well appointed and very comfortable. The two parking spots were a plus seeing how parking is an issue. The garage is tight, but we managed. It was wonderful to have a washer and dryer. I might suggest that the laundry detergent be unscented though, as some in our group were sensitive to scent. We had a wonderful time and the property truely does live up to it's 5 star ratings.
The house at Kennebeck Court was the perfect house for our family stay in San Diego. It was ideally located within steps of the ocean and the bay. The owner was very accomodating and the house was in immaculate condition. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.
We stayed five weeks at this property and enjoyed the closeness to the beach. Many of the San Diego attractions are 20 minutes or less in driving time. The house is very comfortable and the host is very responsive to any needs. Well worth it!
Our group of college friends had the best weekend!
Very well maintained, clean and cozy home. Comfortable and enjoyable for all of us. Thank you so much for accommodating our request for Early check-in and late check out.
Comfortable, clean home!
I stayed here for my 40th with 8 friends and found this house to be perfect! First I’d say that I originally wanted to stay right in front of the beach but being a very small block away was better as we had more privacy less noise and were still so conveniently close. This house had all all the things necessary to host a large group
In comfort and in style, the top roof terrace was delightful to be on, the large dining room table was perfect to have dinners around, and the location was quite amazing to enjoy a lot of relaxing and fun San Diego activities. The host and the property manager were responsive and easy to talk to.
We had our 6th thanksgiving week here. Awesome once again. Every year there are upgrades to the house. This year stove and master bath. Highly recommended
The house is comfortable and much better equipped than most rentals. It had room for all 10 of us to eat together or use the balcony for the 4 children to eat and the 6 grown ups inside. We very much enjoyed our stay , have lots of pictures to remember, and would rent this house again. Thank you Mrs Whalen for making it so comfortable!
Great overall experience.
Awesome location and a well-stocked, clean house.
Outstanding family beach house. Everything you need is provided, you just need to bring your clothes, food and good beach vibes. Highly recommended.
We had a great time. Stayed here for the past 7 years. Excellent location. House has everything. We love it. As our young grandson said, "The Red House, It's the best.'
Between the rooftop deck, large patio and fully stocked house, you are destined to have a great experience. The location is perfect and the owner is attentive. Can’t wait to book again!
Great location, walking distance to beach, restaurants and broad walk. House was great, exactly as described, and well equipped. Highly recommend for family vacations.
A beautiful home in a great location. The best equipped rental we have ever stayed in. Everything was very clean and comfortable. Lots of nooks and crannies to escape to. Walking distance to restaurants, shops, the beach and the bay. Nancy was great - always responded quickly to any emails sent.
My family and I had the most amazing time at this rental. The location was perfect; being steps away from the beach allowed my grandma such easy access to take it all in. The house was everything we could have asked for. Such a great property & location; made everyone feel right at home. So sad it’s over - but can’t wait to be back!!
This property was amazing for our two families of 4. The adults had the two master suites and the kids enjoyed the loft area. We all had our own space and the kitchen was one of the most well stocked I have ever seen. From the property you could see the sun come up on one side and the sun go down on the other. The beach is just a hop away! All the beach items, laundry, hoses outside for sand, were just a few of the many perks at this place.
Great location! We loved walking on the beach every day and it was easy to get to all the great parts of San Diego. The house and roof top deck were perfect for lots of time for chatting and laughing. Would recommend the property to anyone visiting the San Diego area. Thanks Nancy!
The house was wonderful and had a perfect location. Easy walk to beach, shopping and restaurants. We had 5 adults and 2 teens and everyone loved staying at this house…..hoping to come back next year.
The Whalen home was perfect for our family gathering. We cooked most of our meals so appreciated all the extras provided in the kitchen. Everything needed for the beach was available, including beach towels, so many hours were spent on the beach. We enjoyed the games provided for our evening entertainment. The kids loved sleeping in the loft!
And the location was great with a short walk to the beach.
Kennebeck was the perfect location for access to ocean, bay, walkable restaurants and retail, and easy Uber/Lyft rides to outlying areas. The home is impeccably stocked with everything you need and more, and all the nooks and crannies meant anyone could find alone time if desired. A perfect place for our group to gather and reminisce and celebrate being together.
A perfect base for enjoying San Diego area and then coming home to comfort and all you could need. We travel and rent a lot through different agencies and this was hands down the best equipped of all!
The Whalen Home was the perfect place for our family to stay! The house is obviously well loved by the owners, well taken care of, and very cozy. The beach is just steps away, and there were sand toys for our toddler, which we appreciated very much. The built-in baby gates are very secure, and it was wonderful having a highchair and porta crib. The kitchen was great for cooking all of our meals, and the living area could not have been more pleasant. Thank you to Nancy for her beautiful house and to Kimberly for being a very responsive property manager.
The property is exactly what was expected. Very clean and presented very nicely. I would most definitely stay here again.
We cannot thank Nancy enough for the incredible stay! Her communication leading into our visit was so helpful, she even shared documents outlining dining, groceries, etc. nearby. The home itself is PERFECT!! Spotless, so many fun spaces to explore and perfectly suited for our family of 7 adults. The beach was literally 50 steps away (we counted) and everything was a 20 minute driving distance! We already look forward to staying in the future - bravo to Nancy and her team for making our SD trip one of the best.
This house made for a great home base for a family beach vacation. Right off ocean front walk made for easy back and forth to beach with kids. Less than half mile to Belmont park amusement park area. Larger dining table and living room than many comparable beach houses, great for groups.
Love this home, so clean and near the boardwalk. We will definitely stay here again!!
Our family of 5 loved our stay here. Close to the beach, spacious house with room for everyone. We especially liked the rooftop with views of the ocean. Hope to stay here again sometime!
This is our third year staying at this property. We love it. All you need to bring are your clothes because Nancy has thought of everything you may need. We will be back next year.
Everything you would ever need was provided with this home. From the kitchen, bathroom, laundry, beach toys for the little ones to boogie boards for the older children and plenty of umbrellas and beach chairs; there wasn't anything we needed that was not provided. And best of all, it was literally steps away from the beach!! So close to a lot of action but quiet and relaxing outside on the patios. Beautiful home and if I ever vacation in San Diego again I would definitely stay here! Thank you for letting us stay in your home!
We recently returned from our yearly visit to the Whalen Beach House and it is so easy to give a 5* rating to this property. The house is spacious and welcoming with areas to gather and areas for quiet time. The ideal location is a one minute walk to the beach and much quieter than the boardwalk. Amenities are incredible~a well-stocked kitchen, beach chairs, toys, towels, 2 parking spots~everything one might need. Nancy really cares about her property and her renters. This is a perfect setting to make beautiful memories for our family. We look forward and count the days until our return.
I would rent here again. By far the best I have stayed to date in San Diego. It was like home away from home, with amazing comfortable beds.
We originally booked this property for April of 2020 for our annual trip to Mission Beach. After the pandemic hit we decided to postpone, which we were sad to do. Nancy (the owner) was responsive and understanding and her thoughtfulness didn’t end there. Nancy has thought of everything you could possibly need and provided it in her beautiful cottage by the sea. You can tell that there is a lot of love in the Whalen home! My husband and my six children loved every minute. It was a perfect way to celebrate surviving a year plus of distance learning! We will most definitely come back again!
We highly recommend this property and location. We were so close to the beach. The neighborhood is very quiet and friendly. The parking accommodates large vehicles and very close to rental- we didn't park in the garage. All interactions with Owner and Property Manager were prompt, smooth and helpful. The property has plenty of private spaces if you want and yet large living, dining and kitchen area to accommodate our group of 7 adults easily. We would choose this property again as our first choice.
In my 20th time staying in the house, we had the best time as always!! Thank you!!!
This charming cottage has more nooks and crannies than anything we’ve seen. So many cool little hangout areas and so much character. We love the proximity to the beach, it feels just far enough away for privacy, yet you’re actually steps from the sand. All of us had a good time hanging out together in this beautifully adorned abode.
This home is fully stocked with everything you need to relax and enjoy the beach vibe! I fell in love with the charm and personality that is visible everywhere. Plenty of space to be together and not be on top of each other.
I’ll be renting this again for sure!
from $475 / night
Vacation Rental Software by Lodgix.com