- Water Parks
Super clean, remolded second floor suite, sunny beach/bay living, new kitchen/bathroom, queen bed/queen sofa, washer/dryer, parking, quiet street, awesome neighborhood, beach towels/toys/chairs, optimized for your rejuvenation, relaxation and fun.
Fresh and clean one-bedroom suite, great sunny living spaces with room to play, cook, and chill, redesigned kitchen with all new appliances, counters and cabinets, great computer desk for work or puzzles, tile walk-in shower with handheld spray, one Luxury Queen bed (60” x 80”) and 100% Cotton sheets and towels, one bar-less luxury Queen folds out a sofa (60” x 80”) in the living room, all new operable windows and screens to take advantage of local breezes, state of the art ceiling fans in living and bedroom (No Air Conditioning), spotlessly clean and fresh, and scent free, soft wool rugs on new laminate floors throughout, brand new stacked washer and dryer in the unit, beach towels, beach chairs and an umbrella, parking space off the alley behind the house, fast and secure wireless internet service, flat screen TV in living room and master bedroom with Roku stick (no cable).
Activities outside your door range from swimming, kayaking, boating, to wind surfing, sailing, jet skiing and canoeing. Witness kids building sandcastles (or build your own!). Watch all the friendly walkers, joggers and cyclists along the beach.
Within walking distance MISSION BAY AQUATIC CENTER, one of the largest instructional waterfront facilities in the world! You can join classes to experience the fun of surfing, sailing, wakeboarding, wake surfing, stand up paddling, water skiing, rowing, kayaking, and windsurfing. Tens of thousands of people have learned to safely enjoy watersports at Mission Bay Aquatic Center over the past 45 years.
San Diego is one the top places to watch the beautiful site of migrating whales or bring along a pole as this is one of the best open sea fishing along these coastal waters.
Onsite Parking in Mission Beach!
One medium size parking space (16’ x 7’) in the back alley of San Luis Rey. Right outside your front door.
Bed & Bath Arrangements:
Entering through the front door you are presented with stairs up to the unit. On your right hand side as you walk up the stairs are 2 beach chairs, 2 boogie boards, and a beach umbrella.
The bedroom has a Luxury Queen bed (60” x 80”), Roku TV, and a connected full bathroom with a stacked washer/dryer.
Enjoy an epic beach day with the beach chairs, boogie boards and beach umbrella we provide!
Access to Highways:
Easy access to Highways 5 and 8 make it a breeze to get anywhere and everywhere else you'd like to go. Like the famous San Diego Zoo, Sea World, Wild Animal Park, Petco Park (Padres fans!) Balboa Park (museums, theaters and restaurants), the Gas-lamp Quarter, Del Mar Race Track, Torrey Pines Golf Courses, the Scripps Institute of Oceanography, La Jolla, Del Mar (horse racing), Cardiff by the Sea, Torrey Pines National Park, Hotel Del Coronado, Little Italy, Birch Aquarium and Legoland are all within 30 minutes.
Two amazing things happened on our recent trip to San Diego for Karen’s rowing Regatta. We purchased our dream home, Villa Rey and met Kimberly Wise and her team from Magical Mission Beach (MMB) who now manage it for us! Now we can vacation along with friends and guests in our own villa in the middle of paradise. This apartment is perched above the main house and accessed separately off the alley.
Personal Concierge/Insider Discounts:
Concierge Service Sharing 30 Years of Local Knowledge! We know exactly what to do, where to go, and how to get the best deals in Mission Beach and San Diego. We’re eager to share with you our local insider knowledge that can’t be found on the internet or anywhere else.
We have secured discounts for you with our favorite local merchants to ensure that you receive the best deals on equipment rentals for your fun on land and sea including bikes, surf boards, body boards, kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, skateboards, wetsuits and much more. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality concierge services only found in luxury hotels. Wherever you wish to go and whatever you wish to do during your visit, we're eager to share our local's knowledge. We're experts at helping you sequence your days and activities so that you are at the right place at the right time for maximum enjoyment. Your happiness is our goal.
Optimal Location For Top Travel Destinations and World Famous Attractions!
The unmatched combination of attractions and affordability make San Diego America's Finest City and one of the top travel destinations in the United States. Mission Beach is centrally located in San Diego. Everything is at your fingertips. This unique space is nestled in a quiet neighborhood seconds from the pristine beaches and car-free boardwalks of Mission Beach and Mission Bay. Diverse dining options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, coffee shops, shopping, Belmont Park amusement park, playground and countless beach and bay activities are all within walking distance. San Diego Zoo, Sea World, LegoLand and The Wild Animal Park are all within San Diego County.
Good Neighbor/Occupancy Limit/No Party
1. Please ensure you are comfortable with Magical Mission Beach’s rental terms and conditions as they are strictly enforced.
2. Magical Mission Beach has strict Good Neighbor/No Party/Occupancy Limit Rules.
3. Strict No Smoking Policy
4. If you violate any of these policies, you will be evicted immediately and receive no refunds.
5. If you violate any of these policies you will be assessed a $250.00 penalty.
6. The minimum age to rent is 25 years of age.
7. All of our vacation homes are enforced with strict City of San Diego noise ordinances.
If Guest’s cancellation request is received 60 days or more prior to check-in date, Guest will receive a full refund,
minus $100 cancellation fee.
• If Guest’s cancellation request is received 30 days to 59 days prior to check-in date, Guest will receive a 50% refund of rental/booking and be refunded for cleaning fees, tax, or damage coverage paid as of cancellation date.
• If a Guest's cancellation request is received less than 30 days prior to check-in date, Guest is not entitled to refund of rental/booking. Guest will however, be refunded for cleaning fees, tax, and damage coverage paid as of cancellation date.
• Guest must submit a cancellation request to MMB by e-mail or letter.
• Consider purchasing Travel Insurance if you're concerned about cancelling your reservation.
CLEANLINESS & SAFETY:
- Cleanliness and safety are top priorities at Magical Mission Beach Rentals.
- We want you to feel confident and comfortable while staying in our properties.
- Our cleaning teams use practices that achieve the highest standards of cleanliness.
- We recognize the essential role played by our cleaners and reward them accordingly by paying a living wage.
- Upon guest departure, linens and towels are all removed and replaced.
- Our cleaners clean and sanitize the property.
- Once cleaning is complete, an MMB Quality Control Inspector examines the property to verify that the highest cleaning standards are met.
- You can trust that your vacation rental will be fully sanitized and disinfected prior to your arrival.
- Please note the following are not included in the cleaning fee and must be completed by guests upon departure: Dishes and taking trash out of unit.
- If renting more than one unit, there will be an additional cleaning charge if cleaners have to sort items from other units.
NOTE construction is taking place in South Mission Beach from September - May. Allowed working hours are M-F 7a-7p & Sat 9a-7p. Expected completion January 2024.
Thank you for booking with Magical Mission Beach Rentals. We are a professional and local management company.
All of your property and reservation details will be sent via the MMB system so please be sure to add us to your email and phone lists so that time sensitive information isn’t blocked or sent to your spam folder:
* Please read our cancellation policy and house rules before booking. *
MMB Rentals Cancellation Policy
- Please Note: Our Cancellation Policy is strictly enforced without exceptions.
- If Guest’s cancellation request is received 60 days or more prior to check-in date, Guest will receive a full refund, minus a $100 cancellation fee.
- If Guest’s cancellation request is received 30 days to 59 days prior to check-in date, Guest is not entitled to refund of rental/booking. Guest will however, be refunded for cleaning fees, tax, or damage coverage paid as of cancellation date.
- If Guest’s cancellation request is received less than 30 days prior to check-in date, Guest is not entitled to refund of rental/booking. Guest will however, be refunded for cleaning fees, tax, or damage coverage paid as of cancellation date.
- Guest must submit a cancellation request to MMB Rentals by e-mail.
- Please consider purchasing Travel Insurance if you're concerned about cancelling your reservation.
- Due to new short term rental regulations in San Diego, it is more important than ever that we are good neighbors.
- We want you to have the best experience, but not at anyone else's expense.
- Your home is a private residence for use by our registered guests.
- You are welcome to have a small number of visitors on the property for short visits only.
- No additional overnight guests.
- No parties.
- No loud music or anything that disturbs neighbors at ANY time of day.
- No Bachelor or Bachelorette parties.
- There is no smoking anywhere on the property, inside or out.
- Your property is overseen by a local property manager and house rules are strictly enforced without exceptions.
- Guests who are inconsiderate of our neighbors and other vacationers around us jeopardize our ability to continue vacation renting. Such behavior will not be allowed.
- Thank you for understanding.
After You Book
- We love to share local insights about how to maximize your experience in Mission Beach, San Diego and Southern California.
- 24 hours before arrival you will receive detailed information with everything you need to know about your property/visit.
- We love to share local insights about what to do and where to go to maximize your experience..
This property has 1 bedrooms
819 San Luis Rey Pl
San Diego, California
Guest(s) who cancel at least 60 days prior check-in date will get back 100% of the amount they've paid minus $100 processing fee.
If cancelled between 31 and 60 days prior to check-in date, guests get back a 50% of the total nightly rate, cleaning, tax and damage deposit.
If cancelled less than 30 days prior to check-in date, guest(s) are not entitled to any refund of rental amount paid. Transient Occupancy Tax, Cleaning Fee and Refundable Damage Deposit will be refunded if guests have already paid.
GOOD NEIGHBOR/NO PARTY/OCCUPANCY LIMIT POLICIES: Magical Mission Beach has a NO TOLERANCE policy regarding parties, excessive noise and/or disturbing the neighbors. Bachelor/Bachelorette parties are not allowed under any circumstances. Parties that disturb the neighbors are prohibited and can lead to immediate eviction and a $250 Party Penalty! All of our vacation homes are enforced with strict City of San Diego noise ordinances.
Refundable Damage Deposit is fully refundable provided there is no damage to the property and check-out instructions are followed.
Rate varies due to seasonality and holidays.
Please select your dates on our online booking calendar for an exact quote.
very clean and cozy, close to mission beach. would definitelystay again
South Mission Beach is fantastic. Great spot, great host. Much recommend!
It was my wife's 50th birthday. I wasn't sure whether to stay at a resort or Airbnb it. We made the right call staying here. It felt like being in a beautiful resort suite but with quicker access to our car when we wanted to drive and quicker access to just walk out the door to either beach. Our 14 year old son slept on the pullout couch which was awesome!!! Not the pull out couch from the 70's. Hosts were so responsive we were able to text them on our way to dinner for a recommendation, and they know they area so well, they made well informed recommendations based on our specific desires. Kitchen and bathroom were great and super clean. Felt like a home away from home. We will absolutely be staying here next time we vacation in San Diego.
It was terrific hosting your family! We hope to have you back soon!
Great spot in mission beach! Everything was exactly as described. So close to beach and bay but far enough from the major crowds coming to MB. My husband and I both worked remote and there was plenty of room for both of us. Would definitely recommend!
very responsive host. We walked everywhere and enjoyed the stay. It was clean and very comfortable. We had 4 people stay. it was compact but we made it work. The only bathroom is in the bedroom, so keep in mind if sharing with more people. overall we loved the location and Airbnb. Highly recommend
Great location! Loved the art decor!
Our second time booking this place. Everything was wonderful. Parking spot is a huge perk.
Everything was great except the beds. They need to up replaced/upgraded.
Lovely clean and cosy apartment just a minutes' walk to the beach. Neighbourhood is really nice and quiet, and people are very friendly. The bed is very comfortable and the shower was great. Kitchen is well stocked with pots/pans etc. for cooking, and the provision of beach chairs and towels was a lovely bonus. I spent 10 days here and was very comfortable throughout.
Only minor issue is that whenever other guests use the garage below the apartment, you can hear everything. Sometimes they used the washer/dryer late at night or very early morning and it was very loud, so ear plugs might be an idea if you're a light sleeper. Listing also states provision of cooking basics (oil, salt, pepper), but the separate welcome email states this is only provided if left by previous guests. There was none when I arrived so I had to go get these, which I feel is a bit unfair for the cost and the fact it's listed on amenities. But a minor gripe in an otherwise lovely flat.
Great location in Mission Beach - responsive hosts! Would stay here again
Amazing stay and location. Hands down my favorite beach town, and would definitely recommend the stay to anyone visiting San Diego!
We enjoyed our stay here very much. The hosts were easy to communicate with and very helpful. The space was nicely decorated, clean and very comfortable. We loved the quiet location. We could walk to the beach in minutes and were close to greet restaurants and shops. We would definitely stay here again.
The neighbors were friendly and chipper to speak with. Day one I got approved to check in early so I could unload my paddle board, parked the car there and went to Belmont park all afternoon. Saturday I took my family to Crushed, then to San Diego Harley Davidson for the car & bike show. Picked up a second paddle board and hung out in the bay the rest of the day. The next day my sister and I took the two paddle boards out to the channel and watched a seal play in the morning stillness then Ubered for $9 to Sea world and spent the whole day there. Monday we relaxed then took my 10 yr old nephew to the Belmont pool. We tested out our fishing skills our last night out in the bay. We checked out on Tuesday morning and left it just as the instructions said to.
We loved our stay near Mission Beach. The location was PERFECT for single families with small children, and the included parking spot was much appreciated since on-street parking was pretty packed. The property was easy to get to, as described, very comfortable, and in a peaceful and safe neighborhood. We would love to stay here again.
Great location in South Mission. Quiet neighborhood. Place even had a view of the water from the kitchen and living room. Walkable to great beaches and surf. Perfect spot.
I had a great stay. It was clean, in a quiet neighborhood and close to both the ocean and the bay. It was small which was perfect for me as a solo traveler and would be great for a couple (but more than that might feel cramped). Hosts were helpful and very communicative. My Toyota Camry fit perfectly in the parking space but a larger vehicle would be tight. Overall a wonderful stay and I would stay again.
This beach getaway was perfect for our 4 day vacay. It was easy to find and walking distance to both the beach and the bay. There were delicious quick eateries we could walk to as well. We brought our paddle boards and carried them to the bay to paddle around. We also had bikes and rode to Belmont Shores to eat and shop. The house had everything we needed to cook and feel comfortable. Loved that it was on the second story so we could see all around us. Great place. I highly recommend it and will be using it again in the future.
not too far from the action (restaurants and family activities) but far enough for peace. just a couple minuteswalk to the bay or the beach!
My only issue with this property is the change policy. I understood there was a no cancellation policy, but did not know I would not be able to change. Consequently, I paid for a day I did not use.
The place could not have been better for us! The size was perfect for my husband and I. It was very clean, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was very nice and having the washer/dryer was definitely an added bonus. The location was also perfect - walking distance to so many different things and quiet (other than the airplanes constantly flying above), safe neighborhood. We were very satisfied and would stay there again in a heartbeat!
Very clean, great location. Well-equipped kitchen with drip coffee-maker, bring your own coffee. Easy walk to beach or bay. Highly recommend!
Our stay was wonderful! The unit was clean and airy. It is very thoughtfully laid out and was the perfect spot for our SDSU Parent’s Weekend. The location is fabulous. We enjoyed being steps to the bay and ocean and close to many restaurants and shops. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would love to come back!
This is a really nice 1-bedroom place. We really enjoyed our stay.
- Really nice unit, well furnished, clean and everything feels new, comfortable and in working order.
- It is really close to a really nice beach (and they have a pair of folding chairs for you), so if that's what you are planning for your stay, it's an amazing location.
- This unit has its own parking which in that area is a very good bonus. Saying that, it is tiny, so if you are renting a car this is not the time to pick up the huge minivan. Got for the smaller cars.
BTW, the entrance and parking lot are not at the shared address, but on the street on the other side. Follow the written instructions and not your GPS.
The not so positive:
- Noise! This place is super noisy.
- The primary nuisance are the planes flying over, making a lot of noise starting before 7am.
- You can hear EVERYTHING. Anyone talking on the street, or the washer machine downstairs.
- It is kinda far from anything (except the beach). If you are planning to go to other places, be prepared to spend some time getting in and out of the neighborhood. Not that many food or shopping options (but they do exist...) in a walking distance.
- They only allowed us to check in at 4pm and were very clear that they expected us to check out at 10am. I usually expect the usual 3pm for check-in and and 11am for checkout, but did not get it here. (they did let us know we can check in earlier than 4pm, but that was last minute, when we already planned to not come before 4pm).
Just to be aware:
- The unit is on the 2nd floor, and to reach it you have to climb quite steep stairs in a quite narrow stairwell.
Loved our weekend stay at Magical Mission Beach! Great location, chic decor, and thoughtful amenities. Clear communication, easy check-in, and simple checkout. Would definitely stay again and would highly recommend to others!
Great place in South Mission Beach for a weekend. It had everything we needed. Highly recommend.
Great location, nicely updated unit with everything you'll need to enjoy the stay. We biked up and down the strand every day and enjoyed everything Mission Beach and Pacific Beach had to offer. Parking was also convenient as it is right in front of the door and I was able to fit my Tesla Model Y in the space. Would definitely stay here again.
The place is beautifully located just a short walk from the bay and the beach. A wonderful and clean spot to stay for the weekend.
Great location and the apartment was well laid out, spacious, and modern (it was my husband and me). You can go to the beach (chairs, boogie boards, umbrella, and towels provided) or go over to the quiet side of the bay. Everything we did was about 15-20 minutes away - we went kayaking in La Jolla, visited Coronado Island, and went downtown for an event at the Convention Center. Of note, my VW Golf fit the parking space for the apartment perfectly with little space to spare. Belmont Park is about a 15-20 minute walk.
Seamless check in, had a great time, hosts were very accommodating, 10/10 would book again and Recommend, as per the neighbors they were all kind and friendly
Great place! Clean & in a great location!
Great location and so nice and tranquil inside. Breezy and cool with the windows open at night and close to everything in mission!
This unit was perfect for our girls weekend getaway! The place was just enough space for the four of us, and we appreciated how clean and organized it was. The location of this listing was so convenient. The beach was steps away and great restaurants in the area as well. The host was extremely helpful in our communication before our stay. I look forward to staying here again!
Lovely place! Neighbors were quiet, beds, comfortable, light and bright place!
Nice location, peaceful & quiet.
Great place to stay
Great location, steps to bay and beach, very clean, easy check in, and great communication. So glad I stayed here and laundry is a huge plus after lots of travel.
Really great place close to the beach. Good host and perfect spot for our family!
This unit is exactly as listed. Great location, easy to find, beach is fast to walk to!
The most amazing place I’ve stayed, very clean, Kimberly was very kind and helpful, and the house is in a perfect location!
Location has great access to both beaches. Parking spot is a great bonus, beds were comfortable, and the home was clean and bright. We had a great time!
This place was awesome! Just steps from the bay. It was very clean and the communication with check in and check out was great. We will definitely be looking forward to staying here again.
This is a great place to stay!
Very clean and a wonderful location!!
Walk to the Beach and Bay in minutes.
Overall pleasant stay and very clean.
Super close to the beach. Perfect little place. Nice neighbors and quite neighborhood. Will definitely come back
The place is fabulous. Well stocked, comfortable and in a great location. Communication was excellent. Hope to be in SD soon and will definitely look to rent your place again!
Kimberly was a call away for anything and had great suggestions for real time local events. Ie: movie in the lawn at the catamaran.
We had a wonderful stay here. Very clean and stylish. Kimberly was responsive and helpful. The kitchen was well-equipped and the bed was comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.
Great place, clean, well equipped, We would rent it again.
Great place to stay and right next to the beach with plenty to do close by!
Great location on residential side of Mission Beach - Bay on one side, ocean on the other. Really well thought out space with all necessities and nice touches. Responsive and awesome hosts. Definitely recommend!
A very beautiful and modern place where you can feel like home. Real quick access (short walk) to bay and seaside as well as to a food and liqorstore. We highly recommend this place!
The unit is modern and comfortable and is an easy walk to the beach and restaurants. Kimberly is a great host and goes the extra mile to make sure you are well taken care of during your stay.
Absolutely loved this beautiful house! All the comforts of home and just steps away from the beach. The bed, sheets, towels..top notch. Kitchen very well stocked, living room comfy cozy yet spacious. Management was at my fingertips with any questions I may have had requarding the property as well as local surrounding and activities.
I will definitely return and stay here and I will highly recommend it to all of my friends!
This is a great location, adorable place with all the amenities you need. The host is so accommodating and quick to answer any questions or concerns. I would most definitely be a guest again. It was clean and well stocked for anything you might need. Parking was convienant and a short walk to the beautiful ocean! Loved it!!! 🙂
This apartment was truly wonderful for our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children ages 10 & 8). The location with the bayside steps away and the oceanside a 3 min walk away was spectacular! The apartment was spotlessly clean and new and fun. The ocean breeze was cooling and great. The hosts had boogie boards, beach chairs, great beach towels, and a beach umbrella all ready to go and easy to carry and with this location that was all we needed. The whole mission beach area was young and lively and the apartment was the perfect spot to participate in it all and then come back and relax and make ourselves a good meal. We had a great time. Thank you Kimberly!
from $227 / night
Vacation Rental Software by Lodgix.com