- Coin Laundry
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Light and bright Sun Light House, Comfortable, spacious and nice 2 story condo, Beach ready w/chairs, umbrella, towels and toys, Centrally located, short walk to Belmont Park, restaurants, shopping and coffee shops, Your perfect vacation begins now!
Your Hosts: Magical Mission Beach Rentals
- Magical Mission Beach Rentals is a local, family-owned and operated business.
- We have lived in Mission Beach, San Diego, California for over 35 years.
- We love nothing more than to share this amazing space with guests from around the world.
- When you book, we'll share local/insider information about what to do and where to go.
- We look forward to hosting you in the most beautiful community in the world.
- 2nd floor condo
- 2 bedrooms
- 1.5 bathrooms
- 3 beds + futon sofa
- Sleeps 5
- Located in highly coveted South Mission Beach, only seconds away from the most beautiful beach in the world and the Pacific Ocean.
- A very short walk away is Mission Bay, the largest aquatic water park in the world.
- A pedestrian only boardwalk surrounds the beach and Mission Bay creating an easily accessible community with everything you need to have the best possible experience.
- Eclectic design features in a beautifully maintained space.
- A well appointed kitchen with everything you need to prepare meals.
- A comfortable living room with flat screen TV.
- A dining space with table.
- You can sleep 6 people comfortably and have plenty of living space to relax, connect with one another and have an epic experience.
- 1 bedroom with a queen-sized bed.
- 1 bedroom with a bunk bed with a twin and a full.
- futon sofa sleeper with mattress topper.
- 1 full bathroom with tub/shower combo.
- 1 half bath off the living room.
- Appliances include a refrigerator, stovetop, oven, microwave, toaster, and a 12-cup coffee maker.
- The bright kitchen features all the kitchen wares you might need during your stay.
- If you love to cook, bake and entertain like we do, you'll find everything you need and plenty of counter space.
- There is one designated spot in the car port directly under their unit that fits most vehicles.
- Down the alley is a free public parking lot.
- All bed linens provided. All bath and beach towels provided.
- Coin-operated washer and dryer for your use.
- We provide all the little things too: paper products for bath and kitchen (paper towels, napkins, toilet paper, Kleenex), bath and hand soap, shampoo, dish soap, laundry soap, zip lock bags, tin foil, and cleaning products.
- Key-less Entry: We have a key-less entry system so that you will never have to pick up or keep track of keys.
- We will send you door codes via email 24 hours prior to your arrival.
Toys and Entertainment:
- Main living area has brand new HD flat screen Smart TV.
- Beach toys, paddle board, body boards, umbrella and beach chairs are provided.
If you are looking for a beautiful, well-maintained, fully-stocked condo that is seconds to the most beautiful beach, bay and ocean in the world, this is the place!
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK:
* Please read our cancellation policy and house rules before booking. *
MMB Rentals Cancellation Policy
- Please Note: Our Cancellation Policy is strictly enforced without exceptions.
- All cancellations receive a $100 cancellation fee.
- If Guest’s cancellation request is received 60 days or more prior to check-in date, Guest will receive a full refund, minus a $100 cancellation fee.
- If Guest’s cancellation request is received 30 days to 59 days prior to check-in date, Guest is entitled to receive 50% refund of the nightly rental/booking. Guest will also be refunded for cleaning fees, tax, or damage coverage paid as of cancellation date.
- If Guest’s cancellation request is received less than 30 days prior to check-in date, Guest is not entitled to refund of rental/booking. Guest will however, be refunded for cleaning fees, tax, or damage coverage paid as of cancellation date.
- Guest must submit a cancellation request to MMB Rentals by e-mail.
- Please consider purchasing Travel Insurance if you're concerned about cancelling your reservation.
- Due to new short term rental regulations in San Diego, it is more important than ever that we are good neighbors.
- We want you to have the best experience, but not at anyone else's expense.
- Your home is a private residence for use by our registered guests.
- You are welcome to have a small number of visitors on the property for short visits only.
- No additional overnight guests.
- No parties.
- No loud music or anything that disturbs neighbors at ANY time of day.
- No Bachelor or Bachelorette parties.
- There is no smoking anywhere on the property, inside or out.
- Your property is overseen by a local property manager and house rules are strictly enforced without exceptions.
- Guests who are inconsiderate of our neighbors and other vacationers around us jeopardize our ability to continue vacation renting. Such behavior will not be allowed.
- Thank you for understanding.
After You Book
- We love to share local insights about how to maximize your experience in Mission Beach, San Diego and Southern California.
- 24 hours before arrival you will receive detailed information with everything you need to know about your property/visit.
- We love to share local insights about what to do and where to go to maximize your experience.
This property has 2 bedrooms
2961 Bayside Ln
San Diego, California
Guest(s) who cancel at least 60 days prior check-in date will get back 100% of the amount they've paid minus $100 processing fee.
If cancelled between 31 and 60 days prior to check-in date, guests get back a 50% of the total nightly rate, cleaning, tax and damage deposit.
If cancelled less than 30 days prior to check-in date, guest(s) are not entitled to any refund of rental amount paid. Transient Occupancy Tax, Cleaning Fee and Refundable Damage Deposit will be refunded if guests have already paid.
GOOD NEIGHBOR/NO PARTY/OCCUPANCY LIMIT POLICIES: Magical Mission Beach has a NO TOLERANCE policy regarding parties, excessive noise and/or disturbing the neighbors. Bachelor/Bachelorette parties are not allowed under any circumstances. Parties that disturb the neighbors are prohibited and can lead to immediate eviction and a $250 Party Penalty! All of our vacation homes are enforced with strict City of San Diego noise ordinances.
Refundable Damage Deposit is fully refundable provided there is no damage to the property and check-out instructions are followed.
Rate varies due to seasonality and holidays.
Please select your dates on our online booking calendar for an exact quote.
It was a great location and you are able to see the Seaworld fireworks.
Awesome place exactly as described. Right next to the bay and the beach is a two min walk away. Parking space is very spacious, and so is the condo.
Thank you for staying with us!
Great location, clean and easy communication with the host.
cute, close to the beach and clean clean!!!
nice location relative to water and attractions.. clean and well stocked.
wouldn't recommend small children in the unit. staircase up to unit is steep, so is the one in the unit.
Highly recommend for a beach vacation. The condo is walking distance to the beach and they have a full storage shed of beach equipment (umbrella, wagon, chairs, etc.). Great set up!
Had a peaceful stay with my family. Everything was great. Due to the hot weather, the main drawback was the lack of air conditioning. Although we knew this at time of booking, trying to sleep with the heat and just fans was difficult. Otherwise we had a good stay, great location and matches the pictures.
Great location and very nice place! Team is very communicative and willing to help with everything
This home is in a great location and is perfect for a family visit. The house was clean, comfy and had everything you needed for the stay. You're literally 100 steps from the bayside beach and the beach toys, chairs and umbrella made the trips to the beach awesome! Belmont Park is a short walk away and there are lots of awesome local restaurants to choose from. We would recommend this as your place to stay in the San Diego area!
Great location and close to the beach.
Quick response on messages.
Here's my experience of this particular rental unit-
1) Near the beach and bay
2) Unit itself was clean.
3)The management company is friendly.
1) I had difficulty getting initial check-in information. I had to reach out to the management company to get the "email" while on the road. Not in the time frame that was stated in the listing.
2) Lots of "rules" not tempered with a lot of fun ideas. This leads to #3!
3) Rental unit is part of an HOA, and tenants are NOT welcoming. We are not a "party group". Family of four! Overheard a tenant neighbor expressing complaints and negative comments about short-term renters.
4) Space is VERY limited. Not much in the way of extra storage if you want to have bikes or surf boards (rental or your own). Have to hang all towels, bathing and wetsuits inside the bathroom with shower, on stair railings, or backs of chairs. Also, I would really only consider 4 guests, more than that will be super tight.
5) No place to rinse sand off you or equipment when you return from the beach/bay. Keep in mind you'll be bringing all items into the unit with you.
6) Building and alley (where you enter and exit) is extremely dirty, it' pretty gross!
7) Washing machine stopped working at the start of our our visit and was never fixed.
All in all, if all you care about is proximity to beach/bay, this would work for you. But with so many other options in the area, I would look around first before renting this unit as it's missing some of the basic requirements needed for a comfortable beach stay.
No dishwasher!! I hate doing dishes on vacation and we did a lot. We have to cook our own breakfasts & dinners on vacay to stay on a budget, so having no dishwasher was horrible for us.
It was a very clean place. Wonderful location. So nice to have parking & a beach wagon & boogie boards etc.
The master bed was uncomfortable and didn’t have
This is a fine apartment in a great location. A few things to note: there is no AC and, even with the fans, it gets very hot upstairs. Be prepared for it to feel like summer! Also, there’s a coffee machine but no coffee provided, plan on going to the coffee shop a few blocks away.
The place was great! Location is so convenient to everything at the bay and beach. Check-in was easy and the unit was just as described
There were a few hiccups out of our control (power outages and tsunami warnings) but she was able to help us immensely since we are not from the area. Communicate was prompt and extremely helpful.
The check-in process was easy, the apartment was well-kept, and everything existed as advertised. Thanks for a great stay!
Very clean! Location was very accurate.
Great location, house was exactly what we wanted. Will will definitely be staying here again!
This place is an amazing location!! clean and cozy. Kimberly was very thorough with her communication! had everything we needed. beds could be more comfy but other than that, highly recommend!
If you sleep on the futon make sure you use the mattress pad in the closet.. that saved me the second night sleeping on it!!
I would recommend coming here . It was a enjoyable experience everything is within walking distance
Kimberly's place was awesome! Great location to both the bay and ocean. Lots of beach supplies, towels, shade, wagon and toys. The place was clean. The only thing I would have like to know prior to booking is the parking situation. We had two vehicles and had to move one car several times for overnight parking.
Lovely spot right by the beach!! Clean and comfy!
Fantastic place to stay in San Diego. I love the location, the quietness of the bay, and the place itself. Kimberly was in constant communication and I had no issues! I recommend for anyone who wants to enjoy the es of the beach vibes the neighborhood brings.
Narrow stairs getting into the place was our only real complaint. Otherwise it is a very comfortable place for a family of 4. Great location foe the bay and quick walk to the beach, also near Belmont park.
We just checked out this morning after an extended weekend stay. The property is exactly as it is listed. Great location, just a short walk to the ocean, and an even shorter walk to the quiet bay. There are tons of things to do and eat within walking distance, and others are just a short drive away. 5 adults stayed here comfortably and we enjoyed every minute. Thank you for sharing your wonderful property with us!
We have been visiting Mission Bay for 3 years straight every Memorial weekend. I did love the location of this little condo. You can't necessarily see a clear view of the bay, but it is literally steps from the bay. The parking spot is very tight but that is typical of the area. You do have to climb 2 sets of stairs to get to your door. We did have trouble with the key pad because the number given was incorrect, Kimberly was very quick to communicate with me and the issue was resolved fast!
The condo is small, a little too small for our taste. Also, I wouldn't recommend staying here with a younger toddler due to the stairs inside.
There were plenty of fans to use around the house. The kitchen was fully stocked which was great! However, when we did cook the smoke alarm always went on even though we had the stove fan on. The bathrooms where nice, only 1 shower, and it's upstairs. The windows let in the beautiful breeze which is always amazing! You can hear the airplanes pretty loud in this location but it didn't bother us.
Kimberly was great with notifying us on local events happening which was very helpful! I would recommend this place to others, I would probably not stay here again just due to size.
The house was great! Everything was as expected and perfect for our beach getaway
Price was reasonable for the place. Location was great, even though it was not on the beach. I would stay there again if furniture was replaced as it has reached its end of life. A littleTLC on doors, screen, and windows would make the place shine a bit more.
This is such a perfect home. The location is amazing — right next to a great Mexican takeout restraint and the famous BeachComber bar. It is also right next to the bayside beach which offers a calmer waterfront experience. The beach toys were also a great bonus. We had every kitchen item we needed and the wifi was perfectly for our remote work needs. Kimberly was super responsive and always ready to answer any questions. Some reviews say the space is small but we fit four young adults perfectly! I would definitely recommend staying here. One tip - bring quarters for the laundry machine.
I have no complaints about this stay. Great area and the house was clean
Beautiful place in a beautiful neighborhood!
Super close to both beach and bay. Had a great stay!!
I will definitely be staying here again!! Kimberly was quick to respond and the condo was super cute and comfortable. Definitely felt like a local for the week!! And had a wonderful vacation.
Great space. 2 to 3 blocks from the ocean and 1 block from the bay! Enjoy the lively boardwalk and people watch - or have a calm and relaxing afternoon at the more "locals spot" by the bay. Everything you need is within walking distance - nightlife, market, and coffee shop! The actual location was a bit tricky to find, but after about 5 minutes of hunting we found our unit! Clean space that comfortably accommodated 4 women. Not a lot of spaces in San Diego feature AC, but there are plenty of fans within the unit to keep the circulation going. Small kitchen, but it was well equipped. Great spot for a weekend getaway!
My brothers and I grew up in Kansas City, they had NEVER seen the ocean in their lives. We chose this condo due to its cleanliness, amenities, and location to the beaches. The Bay and the Beach were both beautiful in their own right. The condo is close to food, entertainment, and the local market was a very short walk. Kimberly, the Property Manager, was incredibly helpful, professional, and accommodating. Parking was tight, but well worth the squeeze LOL! Lovely condo, enjoyed the energy of the neighborhood!
Great communication from booking through stay. Location perfect for us. Walked over to bird watch every morning on the bay side, walked over to ocean for beach walks and sunsets. Very comfortable cozy stay
Perfect location we were able to walk to Belmont park and all attractions in area. House was great. Reviews on parking were accurate. Don’t rent anything too large. We had a Charger and it fit but anything bigger might have issues. Beach was great. There is a great little closet - stocked with beach items it was perfect
Casa de Luz is very nicely furnished and the beds are very comfortable. The parking is a little hard since the only parking space is tight and the public parking lot nearby fills up fast. The location is perfect for beach goers and if you like the party vibe of Mission beach. We found the place very clean and had all the basic amenities expected. Nice pillows, towels and linens. Be aware that it lacks air conditioning, which appears to be common for the area. It got a bit stuffy and hot in there but the many fans available helped a lot. Overall we had a very good stay at Casa de Luz.
Location was perfect! The fact that there are TWO beaches within a TWO minute walk was absolutely amazing - the bay offered a quiet beach and calm water for relaxing, while the ocean offered big waves to play in and a fun atmosphere with nearby amenities. With 2 little ones in tow, we really appreciated the kid-friendly items in the condo, such as the beach toys and the plastic dishes in the kitchen! I was initially worried about the lack of air conditioning, but with the windows open and fans turned on, there was a nice breeze throughout the condo. The keyless door code was so convenient for easy in/out. The host Kimberley called and welcomed us on our first day, and responded immediately to questions via text. We would definitely come back here again.
Great location and great host! Our stay here was super enjoyable!!
This was a great stay in San Diego and I definitely recommend it. She included beach essentials like chairs and umbrellas, extra beach towels, had a laundry on site and a parking spot. The location was right on the beach at Belmont Park and Mission Beach. We were close to downtown, sea world, pacific beach, and la jolla!
Great location for the beach and walking distance to cafes. Town house was the perfect size for a family of 4 with use of beach items kept in the car port. Everything we needed for a 3 day break in lovely San Diego. Clean and tidy with photos representative of the accommodation. There is a folder of local restaurants, supermarkets etc which was really useful when we arrived. Communicatedvia text ahead of arrival which was great if we’d needed anything. We had a Pathfinder vehicle that fitted into the car port- watch out for the poles and take it slowly when reversing. Definitely visit the Olive Cafe for breakfast.
We had a wonderful time at Casa del Luz! The location is great! Close to the beach, the bay, Belmont Park, restaurants, Sea World. We appreciated the beach chairs, umbrella, boogie boards, beach towels, sand toys, etc and the wagon to get them to the beach. Very comfortable home to stay in. We loved it! We will be back!
Nina’s place was perfect for a small family ~ had plenty of beach toys, towels, umbrellas etc... just steps to the bay and just a 5 minute walk to the beach side where we spent all of our time. Response times on questions before arriving and during our stay was great. Thank you!!!
I loved it there and it was really nice and good for families. They have a good parking spot. The house come with beach toys, chairs and other things for your use.
Great location, clean, great amenities and easy check-in. Would rent again.
Nice place. The host was very responsive.
This house was great for a beach get-away. It was spacious and the house came with a surfboard and a wagon for going to the beach! Super helpful!
This was the perfect getaway for our family of four over Christmas! Kimberly was great to work with and made our rental and check-in very easy. We love Mission Bay and have rented several times in this immediate area over the last ten years (also just this past summer).
The unit was very clean and well-stocked! Hand-soaps, dish soap, paper products and trash bags were well-supplied (if you think this isn't important, you have never rented a property that supplies one roll of toilet paper, one hotel bar of handsoap and one trash bag!) It was so appreciated! After the stress of taking Christmas on the road, it was a sigh of relief not to have to run out to the grocery store in the final days before Christmas for the necessities.
Bedding and towels appear new or nearly new. There is plenty of dishware, serving dishes and cookware (we prefer to eat-in even on vacation!). We were only lacking a larger saucepan but made do with what was available. The appliances (including coffee pot and microwave) were in great shape and the brand-new quartz countertops were beautiful!
We spent an amazing Christmas morning enjoying our close location to the bay and our quick (less than five-minute) walk to the beach. The kids liked the close proximity to Belmont Park. The parking spot fit my Traverse without a problem (this is also a big deal if you have ever had to park in Mission...it can be really a tight squeeze!)
We would definitely recommend this property and working with Kimberly. A fantastic experience, a great property and we appreciate it!
The house was great! Great location. Property Manager was super sweet and easy to work with!
Condo was nice and comfortable for 4 of us. It was well furnished with beach equipment, dishes etc. A great advantage was having the extra half bath in the unit as most in the area don't. We were right between the bay and ocean and within walking distance to convenience stores and a few restaurants. One drawback was the lack of air conditioning. Kimberly was nice enough to open everything up and turn on fans but it was still very hot during our stay in early August. (From what I understand, it is not uncommon for places in the area not to have A/C.) The only things I would improve on is that it could use a good, deep cleaning as windows, cabinets, range hood, etc were grimy. On the surface though, kitchen and bathrooms were clean. Lighting could also be improved as bulbs were fairly dim for reading in the evenings. Kimberly was also very helpful in recommending area restaurants and with just a little tweaking, I'd give the place 5 stars.
from $197 / night
Vacation Rental Software by Lodgix.com